|APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR CONGRESSIONAL NOMINATION
1. Write and request nomination to appropriate academy
2. Complete application for congressional nomination
3. Submit the following materials with application:
4. Official SAT/ACT test scores
5. Two letters of recommendation from teacher, employer, coach, etc.
6. A small photograph (max. size 3 ½" x 3 ½")
7. Official high school transcripts
8. A brief essay stating interests, goals, and reasons for wanting to attend an academy
9. List special honors received, extracurricular activities
ALL ITEMS MUST BE RECEIVED IN MY DISTRICT OFFICE BY NOVEMBER 1ST!
Congressman Patrick J. Tiberi
250 E. Wilson Bridge Rd., Suite 100,
Worthington, OH 43085
NOTE: I use a selection board to interview prospective candidates and to recommend nominees to the service academies. The filing period for applicants opens June 1 (for those who will be seniors or have already graduated) and closes November 1. Interviews take place throughout November and December and nominations are announced in January. Appointments are made in the spring and appointees report to the academies in July.
|back to academy nominations