Department of Education

Department of Education
The Department of Education promotes student achievement and equal access to education. Learn more at their website.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I help prepare my child financially for college?
There are many federal, state, and private educational savings programs. Educational IRA's, prepaid tuition plans, savings bonds and trust plans are just a few of the many ways to prepare for your child's educational expenses. In addition, legislation was recently passed for the 529 savings plan which is now available in all 50 states.

How do I apply for student financial aid?
Information on various types of federal financial aid.

What happens if I default on my federal student loan?
Information and tools to help you resolve your debt if you are in default.

What is loan consolidation and am I eligible?
Consolidation loans allow you to combine different types of federal student loans to simplify repayment. Even if you have just one loan, you can also choose to consolidate it.

If you have other questions, feel free to contact my office. Due to the privacy act of 1974, I need your signed written permission if you would like my help with a education issue. Please print out this authorization form and fax it to my district office at (614) 818-0887, or mail it to my district office at:

Congressman Patrick J. Tiberi
250 E Wilson Bridge Rd, Suite 100
Worthington, Ohio 43085 

If you have require immediate assistance with a education problem, call my district office at (614) 523-2555.